There are a TON of industry news feeds to follow, even more email newsletter lists with retail news and opinion. We belong to a lot of those lists and thought you might be interested in a short weekly list of some of the headlines we felt were worth reading.
To kick it off, here is a video report from Prosper Insights & Analytics with consumer data collected from retail stores and shoppers for May 2016.
Here are some of this week’s hot retail industry headlines:
A few articles to add to your weekend reading list!
- What does ‘innovation’ in retail look like? 8 leaders weigh in.
- Facebook to retailers: ‘Every company needs to invest heavily in mobile’
- Retailers tag along on 2 social media triumphs
- Amazon Prime Reaches Peak Membership: Why Target Should Worry
- Consumer Confidence Continues To Wilt, Consumer Consumption Patterns Shift
- Three Reasons Why Kohl’s Shoppers Aren’t Ready For Apple Pay
- How can retailers recondition consumers’ mobile price comparison shopping habits?
- Why Fast-Food and Snack-Food Brands Are Introducing Smaller Signature Offerings
- Companies Are Working with Consumers to Reduce Waste
- Millennials drive spike in online shopping
- Many shoppers are buying more online than in stores
- How renting clothes could usher in a new idea of ownership
Did we miss something interesting?
Leave a link in the comments below!